Shampoo is designed to cleanse your hair but not using enough can counteract this. Find out how much shampoo you should use to keep your hair looking soft and healthy.
HOW MUCH SHAMPOO IS ENOUGH?
How much shampoo you need depends on a lot of factors, but most women should use about 10 milliliters of shampoo to wash their hair - that’s the same as 2 full teaspoons.
Hair amount and hair texture are two of the biggest factors that change how much shampoo you’ll need.
WHY USE MORE SHAMPOO?
While 2 teaspoons full is a guide suitable for most people, there are times when you might need to use more, depending on:
- Length - more is needed to cleanse the ends of longer locks
- Curl - curly & wavy hair need extra for lather spreading
- Texture - Thick hair requires more product than fine hair
- Shampoo Frequency – more time between washes means more oil and dirt to clean
You’ll know you’ve used enough if the shampoo works into a rich lather on your damp hair and provides coverage all over, getting the maximum cleaning action.
If your hair is short, fine, or thin, you might find you can use less shampoo.
HOW TO USE SHAMPOO TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
- Rinse your hair first with warm water
- Work the shampoo into your hair for 30 seconds to a minute only
- If you have longer hair, you may need to work the shampoo from the roots to the tips— this will ensure good coverage
- If you have greasier hair, you may need to shampoo and rinse twice
If you don’t use enough shampoo, it can leave behind dirt, oil and product build-up.
Residues like these not only make your hair look bad, but they can also irritate your scalp. That’s why it’s important to ensure your hair gets good enough coverage.
USING THE RIGHT SHAMPOO FOR YOUR HAIR
Depending on your hair type, you will need to use specific shampoos that suit it. If you have normal hair that doesn’t get too oily or dry, then our Apple Fresh Shampoo is ideal for you.
The active ingredient, Pyrithione Zinc (ZPT), is clinically proven to help prevent dandruff and its symptoms including:
- Itchy scalp
Not only that, but your hair is left smelling of crisp, green apple as well as looking soft and silky.
More hair care tips and tricks